All of our intellectual property is developed in-house.
In 2009, OriginOil invented its pioneering Single Step Extraction™ (SSE) process, and filed the first patent application on April 17, 2009. The application has been issued as a patent in Australia (image), Japan (image) and China. It has also been published by the European Patent Office (EPO) under the Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT). SSE serves today as the first stage of Electro Water Separation™ (EWS).
In the years that followed, we have filed 55 additional applications worldwide, supporting these 11 key inventions that form the complete EWS suite.
- Extraction of Non-Polar Lipids
- Dewatering System
- Live Extraction™
- Growth Acceleration System
- Algae Screen™
- Hydrogen-Enriched Algae Harvest Process (unpublished)
- Uniform Intermediate Feedstock
- Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition
- Enhanced Chemical-Free Extraction (unpublished)
- System for Removal of Suspended Solids and Disinfection of Water (unpublished)
- Electro Water Separation (EWS)
Today, EWS is our common platform for an array of solutions in multiple industries. We are working to create a strong Intellectual Property portfolio around this suite of inventions, ensuring our domination of those fields of in which we operate.
Early Stage Inventions
During its first two years of operation, OriginOil innovated across the entire spectrum of algae production and processing. Early inventions of the period included:
- Quantum Fracturing™
- Helix Bioreactor™
- Hydrogen Harvester™
- Optimizing Photosynthesis in Photo Bioreactor
OriginOil announced the transfer of Quantum Fracturing, the Helix Bioreactor and the Hydrogen Harvester to French joint venture, Ennesys, on October 22, 2013.
For licensing information, please contact us here.